Skip to content
Dangerous Liaisons: is everybody else doing it online?
- As much as one-in-three individuals are dating online
- People move to online dating sites for a number of reasons – 48% get it done for enjoyable, though some search for more meaningful relationships and one-in-ten are merely interested in intercourse (13%)
- People share information with other people too effortlessly if they are dating online, with 25 % (25%) admitting they share their full name publicly on their dating profile. One-in-ten have actually shared their property address, additionally the number that is same provided nude pictures of on their own that way, exposing them to risk
- Despite the fact that lying the most hated aspects of internet dating, 57% of online daters lie to one another, faking a variety of characteristics such as for example their names, marital status, location and look
- People are worried for his or her security once they date online, with a few of this main issues involving worries they use for online dating becoming infected and 61% are concerned about their data being stolen or leaked from the dating app dating sites for singles or service itself about IT security – for example, 63% are concerned about the device
- These issues are well-founded – 55% have seen some form of danger or issue while dating online. And, people who utilize online dating sites are two times as prone to experience an IT security event than people that don’t (41% vs 20%), mainly due to their increased amount of online task generally speaking
- Protection can be a presssing problem for folks that indulge in online dating sites. Continue reading Dangerous Liaisons: is everybody else doing it online?